Monday, August 06, 2007

We All Love Him

his headmistress loves him; she backed him up with the school recommendation letter for the admission exercise.

the new school admission team loves him; they offered him a place and a scholarship immediately after they spoke to him.

the family loves him; they see great talent in him, an unpolished gem finally in the hands of masters in the art of education.

I love him; I see the doors of opportunities flung open for him. I see great teachers waiting to groom and nurture him. I see life-changing experiences, stimulating and enlightening exposures, all helping him to transform potential into ability.

but

I love him; I wish he could be spared from the loneliness of relocation.

I love him; I wish he could be pampered with the comforts of home a few years longer.

I love him; I wish there could still be someone who wakes him up for school every morning, who spreads his toasts for him for breakfast, who reminds him to take his shower before it is too late, who hounds him to practice his piano. at least for a little longer.

I love him. it pains me that he may have to go through the occasional dark periods of solitude at such a tender age. it’s true that I have been through the same and emerged alright, but it was not without a tough fight.

can he win the fight? will he draw upon the strength of the Lord, the One who has been faithful to me throughout my own battle? will he be as fortunate to meet sincere and loving friends? will he be able to resist the temptations and avoid the paths of misguided souls?

it is because I love him, I want the best for him. I know not what is best; but I know the leap of faith is now the test.

we all love him, we really do.



that was him during his first visit to the place; it is now going to be his second ‘home’ for the next six years.

6 comments:

Diego Ryo said...

hey congrates! is henry gonna be at HCI? Set and I went through 6 years there. it was a great experience, and i am sure he would find good company there like how i found gaylouz haha.

it's a great news. let me know if you need any help/advice on HCI =)

SET said...

Henry will grow up to be a fine young gentleman like Yin How and I in HCI. Hehe... I hope this is assuring.

GOD'sLittlePrincess said...

thanks for the reassurance =)

Shawn Tan said...

Ooo.. If I hadn't known better, I would've mistaken him for your son!! d:

GOD'sLittlePrincess said...

a mother's love is far greater than what my linguistic capabilities can express

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.