Sunday, March 23, 2008

This Easter

it didn't snow in christmas, even when i was in the alps; it is snowing now on easter day, just when we all thought camb will not see snow this year.

i like watching the snow fall, and seeing it slowly coat everything in fluffy white. i see the red brick lutyens topped with snow icing, and the winding path in front of mallory covered with snow dust, all just through my huge window panes. it is snowing outside, yet i am inside, warm and protected, watching the flakes fall to the ground.

it is easter today, and i thank the Lord that i still remember the true significance of this day. it is like being grateful that i can partake the holy communion, that i am bought by the sacrifice of Jesus and am now a part of the larger body of Christ.

i am not perfect, in fact far from perfect. my mind harbours selfish thoughts, jealousy and even evil aspirations, no matter how much i am ashamed of them myself. yet my Lord has willingly stood in my place for all the guilt and shame that i ought to be bearing. He has taken from me the yoke which i couldn't have carried even with all my strength.

i am a child of God. my relaationship with my Creator has been restored. i have eternal hope, and may i dwell in the house of the Lord forever. amen.

lutyens in snow cover

No comments: