Sunday, December 24, 2006

The Chronicles of 2006- Part II

When the university acceptance letter and that long-awaited email from hazel finally came in, life became structured again. Preparation for the next stage of education and life in general was underway.



June

- Outward Bound Singapore



it was a five-day outdoor survival camp on pulau ubin. and i survived all the jungle-trekking, day-long kayaking, abseiling, blind crawling in the tunnel, and walk of faith. i actually cherished every moment!

i think it's mainly due to the wonderful eng soon team that i was in.

eng soon at fish & co

- a series of pre-departure programmes by astar at biopolis

the prep for overseas studies was comprehensive. we had talks on the cultural differences between the US, UK and spore, how to promote spore the tourism board way, basic first aid, the mbti personality profiles ( i am intj), how to handle bgr, and esp how to manage ldr, and the one that we all looked forward to since the start of the programme, a practical class for dining etiquette and cooking.

it was an interesting week getting to know to the fellow astar scholars.



- was baptised.

when i was standing in the line waiting for my turn, i was overwhelmed with gratitude. i thank God for putting me into a christian family such that i got to know Him and His salvation since young.


'Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever'. Psalm 23: 6


amen



July


- trip to cameron highlands

with our guide nash

we had the honour of being the first malaysian group to be led by nash for NIGHT jungle trekking since he started 7 years ago. we still couldn't understand how on earth we had the guts to go into the jungle when it's pitch dark. we didn't even turn back when one of our two torches failed; we went all the way to the top! what bravery! or rather, naivety?

- shuttle to and fro spore for awards presentation day rehearsal

was sabotaged into the dance group by qianyi, who kicked my chair so hard when hazel announced that she could dance! anyway, got to know a bunch of lovely 'choreographers' and 'dancers' . it was a pleasant experience all in all.

- astar awards presentation ceremony

the contemporary 'emo' dance group.

the hip-hop group


my parents who came down to spore especiall for the ceremony


they are always there for support and encouragement. love them always =)



August


- went to sibu to see wai po

at KLIA

- extended family trip to tiara beach, port dickson

all my paternal aunts, uncles and cousins were present. it was like a grand family reunion.

with all my paternal cousins

- learnt how to paint


my favourites

- be a big sister and supervised henry for his piano exams

he's got a high distinction!

September

- preparation for outbound flight

- met up with a lot of old school mates

primary school best friends- xinvy and me

shwu jiun and chooi leng

soo jin, chui yeen, shwu jiun. pik yi's absent

szee mun , jyy mei


yuet chi and pang pang

ms ong and 04S7A

- mines wonderland trip with grandma



- first time to karaoke

singing companions: my brother, ready, joanne

then eventually, the day for departure came


- outbound flight to heathrow, london

my family saw me off from KLIA.

my friends saw me off from changi airport

then i boarded the plane, taking with me the prayers of my family and the church, the well wishes from my friends, the memories of the time spent at home, and the aspirations for the awaiting journey.

No comments: