Saturday, April 14, 2007

Lesson Learnt

i learnt an invaluable lesson, and i thank God that the price for it isn't too high.

i was told of incidents of people losing their belongings to pickpockets when travelling many many times. still, i was careless enough to carry a backpack behind my back in the crowded streets of london. worse, i put my valuables in the outermost compartment for my own convenience, overlooking the fact that what is convenient for me is also convenient for bandits.

so, i lost my phone. but fortunately, that was the only thing that was taken away-- i still have my wallet and camera. and more fortunately, replacing the phone isn't too much of a hassle; i get to retain the old number and all the calling credit.

so essentially i lost an old phone together with the contacts in the phone and some stored messages which i treasure very much. that phone had serviced me faithfully for close to three years. i wonder how is it now, since it wouldn't be worth much to the new occupier.

7 comments:

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GOD'sLittlePrincess said...

how have you proven?

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wei Shen said...

dan, you are single but not popular. Meisheng is probably not. :P

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
w a n x i n said...

dear meisheng,
same outcome here, though a little different process.
My phone spoiled. And yes all contacts and precious messages gone. It has lived with me for barely half a year.
It doesn't matter where we are. Some experiences are just common. :)